Bring to life what's great about LED lights
Many people have heard of LED light bulbs but not many people really understand what is so good about them. If only they knew how great they are...
LED light bulbs have some major advantages compared to traditional light bulbs: They are durable and can last up to 15 years! They can also save 80% energy. What makes them friendly to users is that they emit a comfortable light that is glare free as opposed to harsh light from traditional light bulbs or neons. Finally LED light bulbs don't produce heat so you won't burn yourself when you touch them.
Bring to life what's great about LED light bulbs in a very engaging video or animation that will entertain its viewers. Make your audience interested, engaged and willing to try.
Don't make an ad as it will be boring. Find the most engaging and interesting way to talk about the benefits of LED light bulbs in a video or animation that people would want to view and share with their friends on Facebook or Youtube. Show people how LED light bulbs can improve someone's life.
You can focus on some or all of the benefits. Remember to make it engaging and entertaining. You could start by thinking about how LED light bulbs could make some situations in daily life better. For example imagine a couple dating and the man trying to dim the light by unscrewing a light bulb, and then burning his hand... This would not happen with a LED light bulb. You could create a timelapse video showing everything that happened in a household over 15 years while the LED light bulb is still there and glowing bright. You could also compare LED light bulbs with normal light bulbs (maybe the latter as a vampire sucking up your electricity...). Make it creative.
- #1 Prize €6,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
Video or animation up to 60 seconds.
We are looking for creative, engaging, entertaining and memorable videos or animations that will give people a new perspective about LED light bulbs so that they would want to try them.
Your work has the chance to be featured on Philips LED light bulbs’ website and social media channels.
- Do not mention or feature any other LED light bulb brands than Philips in your creation otherwise Philips will not be able to use your work.
- If you want to use the image of a LED light bulb in your creation, please download it here.
- Please feature the end frame at the end of your entry. Download it from here.
- English entries or with no text, no voiceover. You can add music (with no singing unless it is in English).
- Your media has to be copyright free to be considered into the contest. Please state whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation in your media description. If you have used elements that are not yours, please provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it. You have to be the exclusive owner of those elements and all materials you have used must be able to be used for commercial purpose. Please also indicate the link(s) to the website(s) source, even if it is a royalty-free website. Media that does not comply with these regulations will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)