Reinvent Pampers packaging for parents who demand more!
Product size information
We remind you that this product is available in two different sizes: either 28-32 diapers (small) or 56-64 diapers (jumbo size)
Diapers are symbolic of the huge change that a baby brings to a parent’s life. Diapers have always been both a necessity and a burden. Today modern parents see their baby as another part of their active lives. They want to be social, busy and stylish and still be recognized as good moms and dads. They want and can afford to have it all.
Pampers is the world’s leading brand of diapers. It delivers trusted dryness at an affordable price, as well as new innovative, premium diapers for those who demand the very best. Pampers is creating an even more premium diaper and wants to create a better experience through new premium product packaging too.
Reinvent Pampers' packaging for modern moms and dads who ask for more: a better and more premium experience when they buy, choose, carry, store and use Pampers.
Stretch your creativity to invent value-added premium packaging. It should have both functional and aesthetic enhancements to create a better and more premium experience. You can innovate on material, structure, shape, open/closing mechanism, or carrying solution - anything that can make the buying, carrying, storing or baby changing experience more interesting and delightful. The product with this packaging will be sold in high-end specialty baby stores.
You might want to start by putting yourself in the shoes of these parents. They are modern, stylish and affluent families living busy and exciting lives and let’s face it they don’t want to be spending a lot on their diapers – unless you convince them that it is worth it. The packaging design has a big role in their decision. Think about how to make buying/carrying/changing diapers become better and more interesting, practical or fun that parents just “gotta have it”. Transform it from a chore to an easy and delightful experience. You can think about the shape of the packaging, e.g. design it in a trendy and modern way so that these moms don’t have to hide it in their bags but can carry it straight away. Or invent a new packaging system, e.g. a fun and convenient way to open and close it to get the diapers out especially when their babies are fussing. Something that will look nicer and take less space to store... You could even create some device on the packaging that will be useful to the whole experience of changing. These are just a few of the many possibilities.
Jury's Prize Design
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Pictures, illustrations, sketches, storyboards, and any visual medium that will allow you to describe your innovative idea.
Your work should not only focus on the graphic design of the packaging but truly reinvent it to make it more functional, interesting, and useful to better fit into modern parents' lives. Feel free to change anything except the product inside (trust that these diapers will be new too and, truly the best!) The package needs to live up to the premium product inside. Make it revolutionary, creative and cool.
- Please answer these 2 questions with your entry:
1. Tell us how your entry would appeal to these parents and why they’d be happy to pay a premium price for it.
2. Tell us why your idea is new to the diaper category.
- Please focus on the packaging design (the material, shape, structure, carry solution; etc.), NOT the diapers inside the pack, or the communication of the product/brand, or how it is sold in retail channels. We’re not interested just in surface graphic design. Your entry must include a new form or functional idea.
- Your new packaging should look like it is for a super-premium brand, don’t make it cheap.
- We’ve attached a standard packaging of Pampers, you can see as a reference.
- Your media has to be copyright free to be considered into the contest. Please state whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation in your media description. If you have used elements that are not yours, please provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it. You have to be the exclusive owner of those elements and all materials you have used must be able to be used for commercial purpose. Please also indicate the link(s) to the website(s) source, even if it is a royalty-free website. Media that does not comply with these regulations will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your entry must be in English or Chinese, or in any other language if it’s English subtitled.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)