Open a new era for creativity with a revolutionary creative tool!
As a creative person, you appreciate great new ideas when you see them. When you pick up the pen for your drawing tablet, when you retouch a picture with your creative suite, when you press the shutter to capture a moment of inspiration with your digital SLR camera or with your smartphone or when you connect your USB midi keyboard to your tablet to make music you are using creative tools that once were revolutionary and disrupted the status quo.
A revolutionary new creative tool is something that disrupts the status quo - allows more people to do something faster, better, easier or something totally new that did not exist before. With a revolutionnary creative tool, people can express their creativity in original ways.
Open a new era for creativity by inventing a revolutionary new creative tool to help people like you express their creativity in a new way!
A revolutionary new creative tool is not like augmented reality glasses that we’ve been talking about for years, or another gimmick application for a smartphone or tablet. These are not revolutionary or new. Think big and make it futuristic! Create a revolutionary tool that can open a new era for creativity. You can leverage on existing technology, but think about how to bring it one step further.
To inspire you, track back the moments in your creative life, when you felt the tools at your disposal were limiting your ability to do something radically new. Project yourself 50 years ahead. See how science, technology, genetics, bioengineering, nano-technology, space travel could be harnessed for creativity. For example: What if the moon could become a canvas? What tool would we have so that we could use it for artistic purposes like landscape artists do? How about bioengineering, creating artificial lifeforms? Or augmented reality, how could I make the environment around me a creative playground? Could I harness my dreams and share them as movies?
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Pictures, illustrations, sketches, storyboards and any visual medium that will allow you to describe your idea
Fresh and revolutionary ideas! It needs to have magic and substance to wow us and open a new era for creativity. Most likely, your creative tool will rely on technology. Show your vision and futuristic thinking, and bring technology to the next level!
Your work has the chance to be featured on leading creative magazines, blogs and publications, in Japan and across the World.
- Give us a text description about your work to explain the idea and rationale behind it.
- Give us a bit of context about your creative life (what motivates you as a creative person, what are you passionate about...); you can put it in the text description as well.
- Please use images and music that are copyright free. Please provide us with information regarding the elements’ origin (images and music) in your project even if they are yours or copyright free. We need to be able to check up the license or the sites regarding copyright. Please add that information in your media description.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your entry must be in English, or in any other language if it is English subtitled.
- Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints or documents with multiple pages.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc).