Change the future of communication by creating a new piece of stationery
Please provide a text description in your media description to explain how your stationary can improve the future of communication ;)
Stationery has kept changing the way we communicate and share information. With notebooks, we are able to record our feelings. With letters and pens, we can write to our loved ones and it facilitates a two-way communication. With a piece of post-it, we can easily leave a message to someone and it takes only a second.
In today’s digital era, how can stationery evolve to stay relevant and keep changing the way we communicate, with all the humanity and delicate tactile feelings only stationery can give us?
DesignPhil is a brand that is passionate about stationery. It wants to invent new stationery so that people change the way they communicate now and make the experience of communicating more humane, tactile and interesting.
Change the future of communication by creating a new piece of stationery that makes the way we communicate and share information more humane, interesting and effective.
Create a new piece of stationery, as a physical object. It should be a brand new concept or a brilliant idea to reinvent a current product. It is not just about bringing back traditional human interaction and the nostalgic memories of using conventional stationery but also about exploring new ways of communicating via stationery.
You can start thinking about what you would like to improve in the current way we communicate. E.g. You want to encourage sharing: an object that could encourage people to write more and share more, or something that could lets people share their thoughts in an easy way. Alternatively you want to protect privacy: it could be something that makes communication more exclusive and private; etc.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Pictures, illustrations, sketches, storyboards, and any visual medium that will allow you to best describe your idea.
Your idea must be for a physical product not a virtual one. Think about those kinds of stationery which can be used to communicate and share information.
Show us something new but still a stationery product that can be realistically manufactured. It should serve the purpose of improving our communication and making people happier and their lives more comfortable.
Your idea has the chance to be developed into a real product by DesignPhil.
- Please provide a text description in your media description to explain how your stationary can improve the future of communication.
- You can visit DesignPhil’s website to get inspiration from their current product lines: http://www.midori-japan.co.jp/english/
- Your media has to be copyright free to be considered into the contest. Please state whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation in your media description. If you have used elements that are not yours, please provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it. You have to be the exclusive owner of those elements and all materials you have used must be able to be used for commercial purpose. Please also indicate the link(s) to the website(s) source, even if it is a royalty-free website. Media that does not comply with these regulations will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your entry must be in English, or in any other language if it’s English subtitled.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)