Imagine a suitable tool for L’Occitane to recommend the best products
Update: Check out we have updated the brief !
The land of Provence is so rich in delicate fragrances, beautiful pastel like scenery, unspoilt nature ideal for long reflective walks, soothing sunlight and delicate natural tastes that it leaves its visitors with an inner sense of calm and beauty. L'Occitane is a beauty brand that has captured the essence of Provence producing a range of high quality, natural, authentic and sensorial beauty products inspired by this unique region.
People love L'Occitane beauty products not only because of the naturalness and sensoriality the brand offers, but also because they can see that L'Occitane products deliver real and enriching results to their skin.
Today a lot of brands provide online self-diagnosis tools. They all look the same, they are pretty boring and the way products are recommended to the user is not very attractive neither fun.
We would like you to help us imagining a new and great tool for a self-diagnosis. The objective is to create an original, natural and sensorial way for L'Occitane to recommend the most relevant beauty products to women or men, according to the type of skin and beauty objectives.
We would welcome online or mobile applications as well as ideas that take place in one of L'Occitane stores around the world. Other ideas could be provided from booklets, something for home, either to use with friends or alone... any original tool, experience, device that will assist women or men in receiving advice on the best L'Occitane products for them through a high quality, natural, authentic and sensorial experience.
Tips: You can find inspiration by looking at pictures, clips and videos of Provence and browsing through L'Occitane 's website to more fully understand the beauty and uniqueness of the brand. You can also research what skincare diagnosis/product recommendation tools are there from beauty brands. Most of them are pretty "techy", boring and linear.
Checking the actual L’Occitane skin care diagnosis and improving it can also be a good starting point: http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Content/Skincare-Diagnostic/
Imagine how it could be made more natural, authentic, and sensorial like only L'Occitane can do.
How does a skincare diagnosis tool usually work? This is for reference only, you are free to reinvent it:
1. The person is asked questions about their skin and lifestyle (to check their age, to see if they have dry skin, assess their skin colour, whether they are sensitive to the sun, often exposed to pollution...). Sometimes there are colour references that people can use to identify their skin tone more accurately. In some shops the beauty consultant will use an electronic skin analyser producing light electrical currents to assess whether you skin is sufficiently hydrated.
2. A program or person will then recommend a product, or a range of products to be used to help enhance or solve problems that person may have in order to reach its beauty and skincare goals. The result could be, not having dry skin to looking more radiant in the morning.
FORMAT: video, animation, story boards, illustrations.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
video, animation, story boards, illustrations.
We are looking for original, new ideas that are truly relevant to L'Occitane. Your idea(s) cannot just be something that all other brands can do but something that is unique to L'Occitane.
Your ideas will inspire the development of L'Occitane's new skincare recommendation tool.
- There are a lot of self-diagnosis tools for skincare online. Most of them are pretty "techy" and boring. If you propose one, make sure it offers something different and new.
- Please stay align to L’Occitane’s brands values: Ever since it was founded in 1976, L'Occitane has nurtured simple values: authenticity, respect, sensoriality and continual improvement.
- Give us sufficient details so that we can understand how your recommendation system will work.
- Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints/storyboard.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Entries to be in English.
- Please provide us with information regarding the elements’ origin (images and music) in your project even if they are yours or copyright free. We need to be able to check up the license or the sites regarding copyright. Please add that information in your media description