Reinvent the way we vote for the Facebook generation!
Thanks to the Internet, we have changed the way we work, the way we buy and the way we entertain ourselves. But the way we vote has not changed for decades. Casting a vote is complex and cumbersome: you need to register well in advance on the electoral roll to be eligible to vote, go all the way to a polling booth and often brave long queues to cast your vote through an old-fashioned paper ballot. No wonder that many young people do not bother voting and take polling day as a holiday instead...
Put your creative hat on and reinvent the way we vote! Imagine a newer, easier and more engaging way to vote that would appeal to the younger generations.
Give us your ideas on how voting could be done in a more fun and engaging way than what exists today. Go beyond the obvious. For example, do not just show someone voting by SMS or clicking the "Like" button on Facebook. We want you to show us how this experience could be made richer and more engaging.
To inspire you, think of what turns young people off from voting by imagining the complete voting experience from registering as being eligible to vote, to going all the way to a designated polling booth (even if it is a sunny day and you'd rather go to the beach), deciding who to vote for, then ticking your preferred choice on a paper ballot and finally casting your vote.
How does that compare with how easy it is to accessing new, rich and different forms of visual information and voting on social media from your computer or phone? Could you change your vote as if you are editing a comment online? Perhaps, think of how a ballot could be revolutionized from the current old-fashioned paper ballot. How about taking inspiration from video games, TV shows or performances that ask for audience participation? Maybe you want to invent something radically different and more creative that you feel would really appeal to younger people. The creative choice is yours.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- Video or animation up to 45 seconds.
We are looking for new, inventive and creative ways to vote for political elections that would really engage young people. Original ideas and good creative execution matter.
Your entry could be featured online by some media publications keen to show better ways to engage young people into voting and could maybe inspire future elections...
- You must include a small eYeka logo on your video (bottom left corner). You can download the logo here.
- Go beyond the obvious. We already know we could vote by SMS, on digital kiosks or on Facebook. How could we make that experience even easier, richer and more engaging for young people?
- Don't forget that this is to elect a head of state; not about winning a car so make sure your idea is not too trivial.
- Please use copy-right free elements only. Please provide us with information regarding the elements’ origin (images and musics) in your project even if they are yours or copyright free. We need to be able to check up the license or the sites regarding copyright. Please add that information in your media description.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your entry must be in English, or French, or in any other language if it’s English subtitled.
- This project is only open to residents of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, European Union, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, USA, UK.