Make us laugh, make us cry! Invent the next home-related TV program!
Have you ever noticed how successful home-related TV programs are? Programs like Extreme Makeover Home edition, Come dine with me, Wife Swap or How clean is your house? are hits because they show ordinary people living extraordinary experiences. Participants of these programs experience interactions that can see their lives improved or turned upside down… yet definitely transformed!
We, as spectators, love these shows because we identify with the participants and we feel that what happens to them could happen to us.
We also love to be touched… For example in Extreme Makeover Home Edition, it’s so nice to see how a family hit by tragedy can finally be brought some happiness by a home restoration which transforms their lives.
Home-related programs are so successful because home is so central to our life. We all like to be a fly on the fall of other people’s lives and see how they deal with the problems they face; whether for sheer entertainment or to learn from them.
Have you ever thought of creating the next huge home-related TV program? Well today is your chance to inspire a huge TV broadcaster and invent the next successful TV program around home!
Take your turn in the Director' chair and create a new TV program around the home that you would like to see broadcast on TV.
Bring to life your idea with a PowerPoint presentation, pictures, sketches or illustration.
By “home-related” we mean that you can draw upon a wide variety of topics around home e.g Design, relationships, hobbies, entertainment, food, communities etc.
As well as your idea we also want to know the inspiration behind it – what made you think of this? A personal experience, a news article, a film? What human feelings lie at the heart of this idea that you believe will make it resonate with many people.
You are free to come up with any idea that is home centered, emotionally universal and definitely entertaining!
Tips: An example of a great entry would be the story board of a TV show with a rich family welcoming a homeless person for one week in its house. How would that change their life… What are the ups and downs we can witness over that week?
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
- #6 Prize €1,000
- #7 Prize €1,000
PowerPoint Presentation, sketches, illustrations or photos.
We will select entries that best bring human drama while using home as a frame. We are looking for TV program ideas that are really new and groundbreaking so just adapting an existing TV show won't do it. It must be entertaining, with enough drama that people would want to tune in again and again.
Your idea must be well explained and detailed to win, but the quality of the execution is not so important. Ideas are what we are looking for!
- Your program should be repeatable; it means that you could have a series of 10 episodes which all follow the same format.
- Your idea should be universal! Don’t be too specific to a culture or a country; think about something that everyone can be touched by, something that anyone in the world would watch and understand easily.
- We would love to know if you imagine the TV program to have a host (a presenter) and what kind of role he or she would play.
- Please give a title to your idea.
- We’re really interested to know how you got the idea and why you think it would appeal to a lot of people. Please provide any inspiration or reference points such as personal experience/books/articles/ films etc.
- Don’t come up with any idea promoting racism, xenophobia, violence and homophobia.
- Your entry must be in English, or in any other language as long as it is English subtitled.
- Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints/storyboard.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)