Tell us about the Japan you love!
Whether through art, fashion, food, traditions, services, products or others things; there are some places in the world that have a bigger impact on our lives than others. They offer something unique, endearing and loveable: Japan is one such place.
Even if you have never been there, there are some things about the country that you know and that you value. Some people are crazy about mangas, or systematically buy the latest “made in Japan” smartphone, while others would sell their soul for an authentic “katsudon" or dream to climb the sacred Mount Fuji.
Be personal and tell us: what does Japan offer you that no other countries do?
Create a poster or a movie that shows what you love about Japan that is uniquely Japanese or that no other countries can do as well as Japan. You can think about food, arts, celebrities, cartoons, technologies, landscapes, fashion, traditions… anything that you truly love and that you would miss if it was no longer available! Please do not think about the clichés, we want to know what you really love about Japan, and there is a lot more to show than just sushi! :)
The nicest entries may be printed and displayed in an exhibition that will take place in Tokyo this year.
Jury's Prize Video
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
Jury's Prize Photo
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €2,500
- #3 Prize €1,500
- Original illustration or photography in .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, pdf... submit your creation in High Resolution!
- Original video or animation in .mpeg, .avi, .mp4g … submit your creation in High Resolution!
PRIZES : a total of 13 000 €
VIDEOS: a total of 8 000 €
1st Prize: 5 000 €
2nd Prize: 2 000 €
3rd Prize: 1 000 €
PRINTS: a total of 5 000 €
1st prize : 2 500 €
2nd Prize: 1 500 €
3rd Prize: 1 000 €
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: January 31st 2012, 16:00 (UTC)
End Date: march 1st 2012, 23:59 (UTC)
We are trying to understand how Japan is perceived by the world and what is considered truly unique about it that no other countries could recreate. Your entry should express the strength of what Japan can offer that is truly unique and irreplaceable.
We will select entries that bring to life one specific aspect of Japan in the best looking way.
- Be personal and emotional if you want but not tragic: Remembering last year’s earthquake and celebrating the approaching anniversary is not the purpose. We are looking for positive imagery.
- Please use images that are free of rights.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your entry can be in any language but you have to provide an English translation in your media description.