Kraft : extension + update
The brief has been updated and the contest extended for one week, until February 6th, 2012.
NEWS EN Jell-O
Please keep in mind that what we expect from you is to invent a new form and function for Jell-0 packaging to make it as fun as what’s inside!
Invent a new form and function for Jell-0 packaging to make it as fun as what’s inside!
Jell-O really makes the world wiggle! Jell-O gelatin and pudding are North American favorites. There is a box in nearly every family’s kitchen cupboard, and ready to eat Jell-O cups go with almost every child to school. It is simple, easy to use and comes in great flavors.
Today we think that Jell-O deserves new packaging that will create even more fun and joyful moments!
Unleash your creativity to invent a new form and function for Jell-0 packaging so that they bring more fun and joy to kids.
We would like you to create a Jell-O pack that is as fun as what's inside!
Make it look fun and attractive for your kids and the kid you used to be!
We are looking for ideas for two products of the Jell-O brand: gelatin and puddings (not the Ready to Eat range of products).
- Jell-O Gelatin is a colorful snack that taught the world to wiggle. It comes in many flavors. To make it you add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir and refrigerate. Four hours later, a wonderful dessert is ready to eat!
- Jell-O Pudding allows you to make great pudding and to fill pies. Just add milk, make it boil and serve warm or chilled. It makes delicious pudding, and can be used as ingredient to make cheesecakes, flans, chocolate fudge etc.
There is ONE area that your creation must cover: the form and function of the packaging itself. How can it be more fun? Think about its shape, how it could open, how it could be used even when emptied, what other things could go inside? Whether the pack can make preparing Jell-O more fun (recipe? games? collectibles?…).
Secondarily, you can address the graphic design of the packaging.
But please address form and function in every entry!
Jell-O will then use your ideas to inspire the creation of their new packaging! Your work could be on supermarket shelves all over North America!
FORMAT: photos, PowerPoint presentations, collages, 3D, animations or videos: any medium that best shows your idea.
Jell-O is all about “Simple Joy”. Your chance of winning will increase if you submit ideas that are simple for people to use and understand, and that bring some fun and joy!
We will select entries that focus first on reinventing the form and function of Jell-O packaging. The graphic design on the pack is secondary.
• Please focus on reinventing the form and function of Jell-O packaging: Extra tips and accessories that this packaging could provide for a real playful experience! It means that you should think about what the packaging could DO, and what experiences it could enable to encourage kids to have fun with the product.
• Only then consider the graphic design on the pack, but don’t change the logo.
• Jell-O wants packaging that is brightly colored: avoid using black and white as color styling. It has to be fun!
• Keep in mind that kids are the biggest fans of Jell-O… So your entry should make them beg their moms to have it more often!
• Don’t change the food itself.
• You can download some creative assets HERE
• Please use images and music that are free of rights.
• Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- See dimensions of Jello box below:
Small box, contains 85 grams of product, dimensions 8.5 cm wide x 7 cm high x 2.7 cm deep
Large box, contains 167 grams of product, dimensions 11 cm wide x 9 cm high x 3.2 cm deep
- Here is the conversion to inches/British system:
Small box, contains 3 ounces of product, dimensions 3.3" wide x 2.8" high x 1.1" deep
Large box, contains 5.9 ounces grams of product, dimensions 4.3" wide x 3.5" high x 1.3" deep
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO THE COMMUNITY:
This is provided for reference.
As we are redesigning this box in form and function, the current dimensions should not be very important. The concept is more important than such technical details: your focus must be on reinventing the form and function, not surface graphics.
PRIZES: 5 000 €
5 prizes of 1 000 € each
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: January 9th 2012, 16:00 (UTC)
End Date: February 6th 2012, 23:59 (UTC)
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organizer shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000