story board EN
What is a storyboard?
A film storyboard is essentially a large comic of a film (or some section of the film) produced beforehand to help visualize the scenes. Often storyboards include arrows or instructions that indicate movement.
If you wish to participate by proposing a storyboard, it should contain at least 15 images.
What if the things that make your life easy were always with you?
Life would be so easy and fun if we could always have, close to us, the things we need when we need them. Imagine going for a job interview with a stained shirt. Wouldn't it be great if your washing machine and dryer could instantly appear by magic, for a quick "wash and wear"? Imagine spilling your food on the carpet at your first "meet the parents" dinner in your girlfriend's home. Wouldn’t it be great if your trusted vacuum-cleaner could appear automatically so that you could clean up the mess?
LG is launching Kompressor Follow Me™, the world’s first vacuum cleaner which always follows you like a pet, automatically.
You can see it in action, in the player of the summary page. It works thanks to a world's first technology where 3 receiving sensors located on the vacuum follow the movement of a transmitting sensor on the handle. Always there when you need it, automatically so that cleaning becomes effortless. Life is good.
Stretch your imagination and show us how your daily life could be transformed if the things that make your life easy were always following you, ready to help you whenever you need them.
Show us how it would feel and bring this magic to life!
You can submit videos, animations or storyboards.
We will select entries that best communicate the emotions that you feel when the things that make your life easy are always here with you, to help you. We are looking for entertaining videos or stories. Your videos should be of good quality to win, as we will use them online to support the launch of the LG Kompressor Follow Me™.
Winning videos will be considered for a potential submission to the Cannes Lions Award at the Cannes Lions 59th Festival of Creativity 17-23 June 2012.
- Insert at the end of your video the end-frame provided here.
- You can use product shot & logo provided here.
- You can download the "LG Kompressor Follow Me™" videos here and here to get inspired or use them in your creations.
- If you decide to feature a vacuum cleaner that is not a LG product, please do not show the logo, or cover your vacuum cleaner's logo with a “Follow me” logo.
- Your story should be positive, fun and clever.
- Please use household appliances in your story instead of smartphones, MP3 players or TVs since you can already phone, watch TV or listen to music on the go. Please also do not feature hairdriers or irons. For example instead you can use fridges, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, dishwashers or ovens...
- Language: English or subtitled in English.
- Please use images and music that are free of rights.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Video/ Animation: 30 secs to a maximum of 120 secs: .avi, .mpeg, etc. (it will be featured online so the shorter the better).
- Storyboard: More than 15 cuts: .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .jpeg, .jpg, etc.
PRIZES: Total 20,000 €
1st Prize: 10,000 €
2nd Prize: 5,000 €
3rd Prize: 2,500 € x 2 participants
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: 16 December 2011, 16:00 (UTC)
End Date: 24 January 2012, 23:59 (UTC)
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organizer shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,500
- #4 Prize €2,500