How do you recognize a tribe? It is something that some people have or do that makes them instantly recognizable as belonging to a specific group. Some people use similar dress code, a specific object they wear, special gesture or something they say.
For example, people who have been to Jordan or Palestine often wear the keffiyeh and they recognize each other when they meet. People who have worked in Asia give their business cards with two hands as a form of respect.
How would a tribe made of people who have been to Mexico, and loved it looks like?
Tell an engaging story of how two people instantly recognize that they both belong to the same tribe: those who have been to Mexico.
How do they know? What do they notice on each other? It could be a ritual, code phrase, symbol, or item of clothing... Anything that will show that they belong to the same tribe.
Show us how they react when they discover they both belong to the same tribe.
You do not need to have been to Mexico to take part in this challenge. You can do a bit of research online about what Mexico and Mexican culture is about and pick what interests you and what stands out. You can also look at other "tribes" and what makes them recognizable. Think of bikers, surfers, people who like certain type of music, people who have been to certain places...
Use of the winning videos:
The selected videos will be part of an advertising campaign promoting Mexico and will be broadcasted online. Take your chance to be part of the adventure!
We are looking for two things: a cool symbol, ritual... that helps identify those who have been to Mexico and an engaging story of two people meeting and noticing they both have something unique in common: their love of Mexico. When watching your video/animation, we would want to belong to that tribe too!
- Avoid clichés like sombrero, cactus and maracas. We want something that cool young people will be happy to wear, say or do.
- Insert at the end of your video, the end frame provided HERE.
- Your video must be in English or English subtitled.
- Your video can be from 15 to 45 secs length.
- To make your video, we allow you to access the music catalogue of Jamendo Pro: click HERE to access the Jamendo library music which is only available for this call for entries. You will have to sign in with this password: mexico-tribe
All the music available to you is free of right so you can use it in your movies.
Caution! Do not forget to indicate the following in the description of your media on eYeka:
• Music by [artist name]
• Track [song title]
• Track ID [unique identifier of the song]
• Powered by Jamendo PRO
- Please use images and music that are free of rights.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
FORMAT: a video or animation, from 15 seconds to 45 seconds.
PRIZES: 7 500 €
1st prize: 5 000 €
2nd prize: 1 500 €
3rd prize: 1 000 €
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: 15 December 2011, 16:00 (UTC)
End Date: 31 January 2011, 23:59 (UTC)
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organizer shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000