The contest has been extended to 11 December 2011 and the prizes have been increased as well. Check it out!
We just revised the brief a bit, check it out! ;)
Asia Pacific is a fast growing economic region in the World and the standard of living of many of its residents has been rising exponentially over the last decades. However there is still room for improvement in the daily lives of ordinary people.
Philips aims to improve the health and well-being of people through meaningful innovation. The company wants to understand the living conditions of people in Asia Pacific in order to develop products and solutions that truly improve quality of people’s lives. Your video will be used to inspire other people living in Asia Pacific to share their own stories and inspire Philips in their commitments to health and well-being in the region. So make your entry personal, emotional and fun.
Through the eyes of someone living in Asia Pacific, tell us a personal story of what health and well-being looks like in your community in a video/animation.
For example: Are there reliable sources of electricity and adequate street lighting in your community; well connected roads that makes commuting easy; well equipped medical clinics in your neighborhood so your parents won't have to travel so far for their regular check-ups; first aid posts in rural areas or networked healthcare services etc.
So tell us the good or the bad, we want to hear it all.
Think about issues that affect your community such as:
- Access to Healthcare: Is there easy access to quality and affordable healthcare?
- Livable Cities: Is your community a green, safe and beautiful place to live in?
- Healthy Living: What is the lifestyle of the people living in your community? Do they have proper diet, good personal care and quality living environment?
* If you do not reside in Asia Pacific, you can share with us what you think health and well-being looks like in Asia Pacific. You can focus on any community/country or Asia Pacific in general
Winning Criteria: Your entry has to be personal, inspiring, original and engaging. You do not need to focus on the solution but instead, show us the day-to-day challenges faced by your community. Remember we DO NOT want you to create an ad for Philips, but instead through your personal story, inspire Philips in their commitment to health and well-being in Asia Pacific
- You video/animation needs to be a minimum duration of 30s, there is no maximum duration.
- Your video/animation needs to focus on people or the communities. About their hopes and fear. It is not necessary to mention Philips or show Philips’ products.
- You do not necessarily have to show solutions to the challenges faced by South East Asian communities, but it would be a plus
- Your video/animation needs to end with the end-frame provided here
- Click here to find out more on the global Philips Center for Health and Well-being or download the Philips Wealth and Well-being Index here.
- Your video can be English, or any of the other languages used in Asia Pacific with English subtitles provided.
1st Prize: 5,000 €
2nd Prize: 2,500 €
3rd Prize: 1,500 €
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: 6 October 2011, 1800 (UTC)
End Date: 11 December 2011 @ 2359 (UTC)
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organizer shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €2,500
- #3 Prize €1,500