The contest has been extended for one week! Please have a look at the brief to participate. The rules have been revised accordingly as well.
Hi guys, do remember that you do not need to feature any talent/actress in your video because it is meant to be a teaser to reveal the 'real beauty' at the end of it (the 'real beauty' is the picture of the Facebook user that will be using the application). If you are using any talent/actress, please make sure that her face is not shown.
Lux is creating an online application that will allow Facebook users to submit a photo, which will be tagged to the end frame of a video. Users can then reveal the photo to their friends by sharing the video on Facebook. Your challenge is to create this video that show the anticipation leading to the revelation of the user’s picture.
When a woman feels admired and desired, she truly feels like the queen she can be. And with Lux beautifully fragranced soaps and shower gels, any woman can feel this way, letting her beauty enchant those around her.
Your challenge is to create a teaser that will build excitement and anticipation, leading to the big reveal of this woman’s beauty to the audience. Aim for an aspirational moment. Be original, sophisticated and please avoid red carpet movie clichés with paparazzi and all.
The big reveal needs to take place in the last scene of your video/animation (a static scene) and can take place in any setting, it could be in a street, in a cinema, in an outdoor television screen or it could even be on a YouTube live-stream event. Be as creative as you can be!
You can refer to the video in the media player for inspiration.
Please Break the Rules, Create the Trend, Don’t be a follower and show us the excitement leading to the big reveal of a true beauty.
30 – 60 seconds video/animation
• Videos/animations must be 30 – 60 seconds long.
• Your video needs to be sleek and polished because the winning video might get a chance to be broadcasted globally during an international beauty event.
• We will add the picture of the new beauty/useron the last frame of your video. You do not need to feature her. You need to allow enough space on the last frame for us to insert the picture. You can download here the dimensions of a placeholder you must use for the last frame of your video. The area marked out in black will be where the picture will be set, you can choose to leave this area blank. For example if your big reveal takes place on a cinema screen, you must make sure that in your last frame, the cinema screen is showed big enough for us to insert the beauty picture, as per the dimensions given on the placeholder.
• 1280 X 720 in .mov format ONLY
• 1st Prize: USD 7,000
• 2nd Prize: USD 3,000
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: 12 July 2011, 6:00 PM (GMT)
End Date: 25 August 2011 @ 11:59 PM (GMT)
• 1280 X 720 in .mov format ONLY ;
• Encoding: MPEG 4, H.264, XVID, Video Rate: 400 kb/s minimum ;
• Audio Rate: 64 kb/s ;
• Duration of your work should be 30 – 60 seconds ;
• If you are selected as a winner, you must supply the original working files in 720p and 1080p High Definition version, so make sure to keep an HD or uncompressed MOV version of your work.
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organizer shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
Entries that do not meet the above listed criterion will be disqualified. For any further questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €2,000