Tell a simple story about Agusha providing the best support for mothers.
Anna is a 32-year-old Russian devoted mom with an 8-month-old baby boy who means the world to her. She does everything she can to create a cozy and comfortable world around him and checks everything to make sure she makes the best choice for the baby. Anna is a happy mom, but sometimes being a mom is a difficult job, so she feels like she needs some support and appreciation.
Agusha, a leading Russian baby food brand, has been providing baby food to help healthy babies to grow for 30 years. In 2016, it launched new TVCs using a metaphor to show the difficulties of being a mother like Anna and showing how Agusha supports her. Some consumers find the message a little negative as the dad does not play an active role in the story and the campaign does not show the feeling of love and happiness inside the family enough.
You can have a look at their current TVCs:
Clock master - drinkable yogurts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kW5_aHoE9s
Strongman – curd cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRiht_6v_k
Now Agusha is looking for inspiration for its next TVC campaign to communicate the benefits of two products: 1) curd cheese containing calcium and vitamin k2, which helps babies to grow healthy, strong bones and teeth; 2) yogurt with bacteria and pro-biotics which makes babies’ digestion run like clockwork.
Can you come up with a new way to deliver the messages to Russian moms like Anna?
In a simple and involving storyboard for Agusha’s next TVC, convince Russian moms that Agusha is the best choice for their babies.
The challenge for you is to tell a simple story while showing the product benefits in an engaging and direct way. The TVC should be less than 20 seconds, so you need to avoid overcomplicated stories or using metaphor, analogies or comparison. Mother and the baby (between 4 months and 2 years old) should be the key heroes in your story, but dad should have a visible role, integrated into the happy family too. The story can take place anywhere, but the consumption of the products needs to happen at home, where we clearly see the product and its benefit.
Please choose one of the two routes below:
- Being a mother is a great gift in life, but it is not an easy thing. Sometimes I would like to just enjoy the happy moments with my family. Agusha provides the best baby food and allows mothers to enjoy the happy moments of motherhood.
- I love being a mother and taking care of my baby, but sometimes I would like to feel supported and appreciated. Agusha appreciates mothers and their efforts to give their baby the best.
You can use narrative or give characters an easy-to-understand dialogue, like in sitcoms. We do not want a story simply with music or without a voiceover. The story has to be lighthearted and humorous or touching, or both, showing lovely family interactions, conversation or activities. Think about the family’s happy moments, which bring a smile to your face or make you laugh, conversation you would remember and all mothers can relate to… Integrate the product benefit well into your story, so that, after watching, people remember what the product does for the baby.
Choose one product from the curd cheese and the yogurt. Illustrate your story well with images or drawings to help us understand your story. On a separate page, please answer the following questions:
- In one sentence, what is the campaign idea behind your story?
- How can we reapply your idea to the other product? If your story is about curd cheese, tell us how you imagine the TVC for yogurt and its specific benefits and vice versa. (If you feel inspired, you can create two storyboards for two products!)
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
An example of a good entry could be a storyboard for curd cheese. We see the parents showing pictures with words written on them to teach the baby. When they look at the picture of a cow, the mom puts her hands on her head to represent the horns and goes “moo”. When they look at a duck, the mom shapes her hands like the mouth of a duck… The baby laughs. Then when they see a picture of a woman, and it says “mother”, the dad kisses the mom on her cheek and lets the baby do the same. Then he says “mother is the one we both love”. When they see a picture of a strong man, and it says “dad”, the mom picks up the Agusha curd cheese to feed the baby and says: “to be as strong as daddy you need to eat this”. It is a good entry because it delivers both messages in a straightforward way – Agusha gives the baby strong bones and mothers should be appreciated. The version of the script for yogurt could end with parents showing the image of the clock and the dad saying “tick-tock”, mom starts feeding the baby with the yogurt saying “It helps your little tummy to run like a clock”.
Bad entries would be those which are too complicated, cannot be applied to both products, do not resonate with moms, or ones which do not have the feeling of love and happiness inside the family.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Well illustrated storyboard with visuals (max. 4 pages) and text.
The winning entries are ones that speak to Russian moms emotionally in a simple and straightforward way, while conveying the message about the product benefits at the same time. The story should remind people of fun and sweet family time and that Agusha provides the best baby food to support mothers.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or Russian
- Agusha is high quality, safe, 100% natural and healthy. It is a brand which understands mothers and is always close to help them. You can download the brand assets in the toolkit. Also watch some other nice campaigns about baby food.
- Please illustrate your story well to make sure we understand easily. Your story needs to be simple, and the TVC should be less than 20 seconds.
- Please answer the questions asked otherwise your entry will be rejected automatically.
- Dad has to play an active role in your story, although mom and baby are the heroes.
- If you feel inspired, you can submit two storyboards for two products!
- Entries should be in English and Russian
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.