How can you make our already-loved Sunsilk Pink shampoo even more desirable?
We often see our hair as a reflection of our identity because it is both personal and public. Smooth and manageable hair is something that most girls strive for. Having hair that falls back into shape, no matter what you are doing, gives you the freedom to enjoy each moment without being concerned about how you look.
Sunsilk is an iconic haircare brand that is present globally. Sunsilk Pink (Smooth & Manageble) shampoo is the number one shampoo product in Thailand and the Phillipines and has been growing over the past few years. This pink shampoo promises to leave hair smooth and manageable and its distinctive fragrance is much sought after. This product has built a strong emotional connection with Thai and Filipino young girls through its fun, playful and engaging advertising that leverages on local celebrities and social trends.
Also, the benefit of the product connects with millennial girls. In today’s world, millennial girls juggle many things – work, study, family, their hobbies/passions and they want to make the most of their day. Hence, now, more than ever, it is important for these girls to have obedient hair or, in other words, smooth and manageable hair that always goes with their flow.
Through an inspiring poster and a tagline, make Sunsilk Pink ready for the future. Make it edgy, cool, trendy and worth telling your millennial girlfriends about…make it fit into the lifestyles of digital-savvy and multi-tasking millennials girls to truly resonate and connect.
Your poster must convince millennial girls (18-29 year olds) in Thailand and the Philippines to buy Sunsilk Pink. These girls are highly engaged in the digital and social world, projecting their lives online (through Facebook, Instagram, blogs, etc) as a form of expression. They are vivacious and believe in enjoying life to the fullest, but, at the same time, balance fun with fulfilling their responsibilities towards their families and personal goals. They are ambitious and optimistic, knowing where they want to go and believing that they will get there. Even if their goals are hard to reach, they choose to deal with challenges in a light-hearted way and make sure they have fun and enjoy what they do. They are ready to embrace new experiences any time. Being spontaneous and adventurous, they are always open to making new friends – in life or online, travelling to new places, picking up new hobbies and riding on new trends. For them, having smooth and manageable hair ensures that they get to enjoy every moment in life.
Tell us what smooth and manageable hair means for millennial girls and how Sunsilk Smooth and Manageable is the perfect product that understands these girls’ needs.
Your entry should include a key visual, a tagline, and text explaining your idea. Based on your entry answer to the following questions:
- What does smooth and manageable mean for our millennial girls?
- Why will your entry be perceived as unique and trendy by millennial girls?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry:
Your poster shows the back of a girl who is practicing her dance routine with her hair down. It is a snapshot of the moment when her hair flows nicely with her movement. The tagline: “Manageable hair is flexible hair that dances with you”.
A good entry will show how her goal in life connects with her hair. In this case, her hair is an important part of her and she wants it to have the same mindset as her – to be the best it can. With Sunsilk Pink, her hair stays smooth and goes with the flow, enabling her to make the most of every opportunity and get the most fun out of it. By redefining smooth and manageable hair as “flexible hair that grooves with you”, it takes manageability to a new level.
Example of a bad entry:
A young woman flips her long and beautiful hair while glancing to make sure she is in her target man's field of vision. The angle at which she holds her head, and the direction in which she pulls the loose strands are all designed to catch his interest, without seeming too obvious. The conscious effort pays off as she is noticed and we see a close-up pack shot.
We consider this is a bad entry as we do not want ideas that are focused on males or being validated by males. The brand image of Sunsilk is fun and playful, but with a purpose, hence please steer away from portraying girls that are too sexy, seductive towards men, or obsessed with being too powerful.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
A presentation with a visual, tagline and text (general explanation of the idea and answers to the 2 questions) using the template provided.
The winning idea must clearly elaborate on what smooth and manageable hair means for millennials and shows how Sunsilk Pink fits into the lifestyle of digital-savvy millennial girls.
Will you participate?
Guidelines for this contest
- Please download the creative toolkit that contains the entry template, Sunsilk logo and Sunsilk product pack image for your entry.
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your entry must include a visual of your idea, a tagline and descriptive text that answers the 2 questions above.
- Ideas cannot be focused on males.
- Do not use celebrities in your entry.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.