Invent a new hair care solution (shampoo +) enabling women to embrace ‘natural beauty’ through a simple hair care routine at home.
Contest deadline extension + Simplified brief!
Great news! The contest deadline has been extended to 23 January 2017, 23:59 UTC!
We've also made some slight changes to the brief for it to be simpler and clearer!
Please take note that we’re looking for ideas that include any of the following:
- New formats of the product
- New ways of application
- New technology
- New ingredients
- New benefits
- New hair care ritual
Going natural is the top trend in hair care in the Chinese market. Naturalness is manifested in multiple aspects, from the product formula women appreciate, the look they desire, to the results they expect.
The trend of going natural has been fueled by recent consumer beliefs. Some ingredients in hair care products are not considered safe to use in the long run (e.g. silicon & sulfate).
Today, women also want to look beautiful naturally and there is a tendency to use less styling products. They also want their hair care system to repair and restore the natural strength of both their scalp and hair and not just give temporary cosmetic effects.
Existing market offerings don’t address these emerging needs. A leading local Chinese brand is planning to launch new hair care products to respond to the “going natural” trend. Help us develop the perfect hair care solution for these women!
Wow us with your ideas for a new hair care solution (shampoo +), to enable women embrace ‘natural beauty’!
There are three frustrations that women have when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. Please select ONE of them to develop your new ideas.
- Natural AND potent
I favor natural products, chemically relaxed and additive free; so that I do not damage my hair with chemical build-up. However, although safe, the natural ingredients available are usually slow to act, they easily lose efficacy after a short period of time. Since it is hard for them to be absorbed into the hair and scalp, they take a very long time to see a tangible effect. I need a natural, yet powerful hair care solution.
- Wholesome scalp care
I know that scalp and hair strands are essentially different and require separate treatments. Healthy hair really begins with a healthy scalp. However, currently shampoo is only doing a cleansing job, conditioner is for hair strands and should not be applied to the scalp as it clogs follicles. I wish there was a solution that truly works on the essential causes of scalp problems and improves the condition of scalp.
- A long-lasting effect, as though just freshly washed
Like many Chinese women, I wash my hair every two or three days and love the way my hair looks right after the wash as it is clean, moisturized, voluminous, and has a nice natural shape. However, the freshness and style do not last until the third day and my hair looks dull, weighed down, and lifeless. I would like a hair care solution that can preserve the freshly-washed hair feeling for a few days, until the next wash.
Your entry should include a key visual and text explaining your idea. Your idea can include any of the following: new formats of the product, new ways of applying, new technology, new ingredients… you can add new benefits or even change the hair care ritual.
Based on your entry, answer the following questions:
- What frustration does your idea address?
- Please describe your idea.
- Explain how your hair care solution will work.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest, under the theme of Natural AND Potent:
We know that natural herbs are good for our hair, however, the long production and distribution time can compromise the effectiveness of natural ingredients. So a good idea could be a shampoo that consists of a bottle of base formula and a few natural ingredient essences in small specially-made capsules. Every other week, you can open one capsule and add it to the shampoo base. So the liquid can stay fresh and work as best as possible.
A good idea for this contest, under the theme of Wholesome scalp care:
A shampoo that is strong at cleansing is usually weak at hydration or moisturizing and vice versa. Moreover, using cleansing shampoo can too often result in a dry scalp, etc., while continuing to use moisturizing shampoo may result in scalp buildup. A good idea could be a hair care solution that consists of 2 bottles of shampoo that are designed in perfect balance, one focusing on cleansing and one on moisturizing, working together to restore the health of the scalp and hair. Two shampoos are to be used in turns, plus one conditioner to maintain the effect of the shampoos.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
A presentation with visual and text (general explanation of the idea and answer to the three questions) in the template provided.
We are looking for breakthrough and ownable ideas that can respond well to the challenges and the trend of ‘natural beauty’.
Will you participate?
Guidelines for this contest
Do’s (what we are looking for):
- The hair care solution refers to a shampoo or shampoo + other products (home-use).
- Do not include too many steps.
- Do not use dry shampoo (not liked by Chinese consumers).
Please download the creative toolkit for the entry template.
Your entry should include a key visual and text explaining your idea.
- Entries should be in English and Chinese
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.