Want to keep your 4Colours pen? Find ingenious ways to protect it!
Before you upload your video, please make sure that you’ve checked the 4 points below:
- End-frame. Have you seen it? This funny video has to be integrated at the end of your video. It presents the product and the tagline “Dude, not this time”. Don’t forget forget that the final video should not exceed 40 seconds.
- Product. The pen must be seen at some point If you don’t know which 4 Colours you should show in your video, there are different options. The main colours are the “silver shine” and the “original blue”, the other colours and formats (gold, orange, grip, mini, …) are also fine. Both silver shine and original blue pens can be baught online.
- Creative Toolkit. We’ve updated the creative toolkit with different HD visuals of the product for the creators of animated videos. This is also where you’ll find the end-frame file.
- Situations. Make sure that your story focus on how to protect the 4Colours rather than how to steal it. Be realistic. We want stories that are anchored in the daily lives of 15-25 year olds persons.
BIC is a French brand that was created in 1945. In 1970 Bic launched the BIC 4Colours, which was the first and original multicolor ball pen. With its unique barrel shape, its white top and the sound of its 4 pushers, this pen is quite unique and loved by teens and students.
Do you know why? Well the list of its characteristics and benefits is endless. It is convenient: it packs 4 pens in one. It saves time: in one click, you change colors. It is very stylish and can fit any personality: there are many different designs, one for each mood or person. Bic has created many versions of its iconic product, one with shiny and feminine colors, one with a special grip, one with a special decoration, etc. It is a quality product: made in France, it does not leak, writes up to 8km and lasts for up to 50,000 activations of the pushers. It is playful and releases stress: people play with the pushers with their fingers. It is also structuring: it helps to organize notes with color codes. Finally, 4Colours provides great value for money (it costs around 2 euros)
4Colours is so convenient and fun that it is the most stolen pen*! It is such a cool accessory for young people that it has an irresistible attraction. Whether it be in class rooms, universities or anywhere else, they can be found, and these pens are very often stolen! On Twitter the words mostly associated with 4Colours are things like: “give me back my 4Colours”, “Don’t steal it”, “I am angry my 4Colours got stolen”, etc.
Each person has his / her own tactics to protect his / her cherished pen.
Can you help creating engaging and fun video content around this kind of story?
Make us laugh with an engaging video that shows ingenious ways to protect your 4Colours from getting stolen.
We would like you to show everyday situations and credible stories in a very humorous way. The best videos will be used on Bic’s social media channels around Europe and so the content needs to be something that people want to share with their friends. The final objective is that more and more people in European countries discover this amazing pen and want to buy one (or many!)
Your video should focus on the inventiveness people have when it comes to protecting their 4Colours, which is positive, joyful, fun and clever. It should not focus on people finding clever ways to steal pens, which would be negative.
The 4colors is so cool that it gets stolen a lot… so… what clever ways can you think of to protect it from the others?
You know how making a great video works… Generally speaking, the videos that get shared are super fun, they have a hook in the first few seconds, the actors are great, the situations are incredible or bizarre, the music is catchy, they are short and have rhythm, etc.
The videos that do not go viral are slow, with a lot of dialogue, hard to follow, boring, etc.
For this contest the videos must:
- Be super fun!
- Feature the 4Colours being used. The pen must be seen at some point. (there are so many occasions in life where you need a pen, or need to write)
- The situations should focus on how to protect the 4Colours rather than how to steal it;
- Protagonists should be between 15 and 25 years old;
- Be realistic! We want stories that are anchored in the daily lives of these 15-25 year olds.
- Length is between 15 and 40 seconds.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
The creative idea of this contest was inspired by a poster submitted in the previous Bic contest on eYeka. Here is the idea:
The video could show a guy who tailored his boxer shorts with a pocket for its 4Colors to make sure it is not stolen. He says to his friends at school: “Dude, not this time!” in a very funny way.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Video of 15 to 40 seconds max.
Please add this end frame as a conclusion of your video:
The jury will award video makers who tell the funniest story and the ones that stay true to the brand essence (simple, modern, down-to-earth, everyday situations and humorous).
Will you participate?
Guidelines for this contest
- Please add this end frame to your video.
- Please do not enhance inappropriate uses of the product: writing on the skin for instance.
- Do not oppose writing and technology by saying that writing is better than phones for instance.
- Do not transform the Bic boy logo.
- Please read the BIC no go areas carefully:
- No personal attacks or bullying, no inappropriate vocabulary & offensive content.
- Avoid anything related to: handicaps & disease/disability, religion & beliefs, race, ethnicity & national origin, gender & family status, nationalism & politics, violence and nudity.
- Make sure your video does not feature places / products that cannot be shown in a video (i.e. logos on a sweatshirt, or fast-food chains, etc.).
- For mobile viewing & sharing, it’s best that videos also be understandable without sound. If you want to use other languages than english or french please add english subtitles.
- We also accept animations for this contest.
- Entries should be in English and French
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.