Nutella brings more intensity to family moments at Christmas
Christmas is almost here… in less than a week, families will be together, celebrating great moments and sharing deep emotions. For a lot of people in Europe and the USA, Christmas means a break in the crazy rhythm of life. It’s all about slowing down and changing the rituals. Taking the time to talk, eat great food, walk in the countryside, bake together.
Nutella, the iconic brand that makes the delicious chocolate spread, is an essential ingredient of Christmas rituals. With Nutella, “Christmas never tasted this good.” Families have a tradition of baking together. With Nutella, the experience of baking and the great desserts you can make are enhanced. (With Nutella you can make great desserts such as tiramisus but also cookies, pancakes, cupcakes etc.) People love Nutella so much that they search online for Christmas recipes to make with it!
Christmas is not just a day. It is that sense of wonder, joy, and revitalizing energy that people start to feel a long time before the D-day comes: decorating the house, preparing the meals, shopping for the presents… these are exciting activities when done with our families and friends. Nutella contributes to this wonderful feeling: as an idea for a small gift, to customize traditional recipes, or even as a novel Christmas ornament.
Nutella fosters the Christmas feeling and wants to create videos around this idea. Do you want to be part of the movement and celebrate Christmas with Nutella?
Create a video that shows us how and why Nutella brings more intensity to the Christmas family rituals, especially when baking together.
The goal of the videos is to tell stories of family being together and enjoying great moments around and with Nutella. Thanks to Nutella and because people make recipes with it, they feel good, warm, and enjoy the pleasure of being together even more.
Our main focus is families. Your video should include kids and adults. The type of family is open: modern types of families, extended families… families with friends are fine, as long as it’s not just one adult and one child or just adults.
We’re looking for highly emotional content that will generate strong emotional reactions and conversations.
Baking together is a ritual most families have during the Christmas season. It’s something that can involve kids who love eating something they have made. Generations come together and craft delicious pastries, from recipes they have been told or invented themselves.
You need to be relevant to Nutella's brand essence.
It is all about optimism and vitality: Nutella spreads optimism in sense of radiating positive energy that makes people feel good, making you enjoy the moment, putting you in a good mood and bringing optimism. Nutella makes a good day even better!
Nutella should be the hero of the video, with the family featured, of course. The role of the product is to be the catalyst of optimism - because Nutella is here, Christmas is even more special.
You may want to use one of the three taglines:
- Christmas never tasted this good (US),
- Préparer Noël n’a jamais été aussi bon (France),
- La ricetta per un Natale ancora più buono (Italy).
If you’re not from one of those country, feel free to use any of the three taglines.
You can use the visual codes of the brand:
- The logo and the Helvetica font
- The key visual: the knife spreading Nutella on a slide of bread
- The jar
- The crack noise when the jar is opened
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video could show a group of 4 or 5 children sitting close to the Christmas tree. They are probably cousins, brothers and sisters. Behind them, there is a fireplace and we understand that the scene is shot in a family house, during Christmas break. The kids look at the ceiling, look at the fireplace and they seem to wonder where Santa would come from. They are not bored, they chat in a very cute mode but we can tell they’re waiting for the presents to be delivered! A mom and a big brother come in the house with shopping bags. They’ve brought some Nutella and suggest everyone prepares shortbread biscuits with Nutella. Kids are suddenly very enthusiastic. We see them putting aprons on, washing their hands and getting ready for the baking session. The next scene they are all baking together, each kid has a small mission and they seem very happy. The video ends with the whole family regrouped outside the house, eating the biscuits while playing together.
A bad video for this contest would show people fighting and getting back again around a pot of Nutella. The emotions in the video must be positive.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos of 1 minute max.
The jury will select the most emotional yet original videos, the ones that have the potential to be shared online, the ones that everybody will want to watch again and again.
Will you participate?
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or French. If you submit your entry in another language, please make sure you add correct English subtitles.
- You can download brand logo from the toolkit.
- No fighting, no solitude, no sadness and no irony.
- Avoid showing excessive consumption of Nutella.
- Your video must show a family of any kind BUT with adults and kids
- Entries should be in English and French
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.