Show us how hydration will evolve by the year 2025
Water – it is the essence of life and a basic human need for survival. This basic human need has evolved in various ways, and something as simple as water has become so much more exciting to consume. Be it flavored water, sparkling water, vitamin water, the list is endless. It is 2016 and water has already evolved in so many different ways. Now think of the year 2025. How will water evolve and what different forms will it take?
Japan is one of the most sophisticated markets in the world, with continuous introductions of many new sub-categories of water like flavored still water, flavored sparkling water, frozen water bottles and even aroma-infused water.
Coca Cola would like to know from you how forms of water will evolve (taste, benefits, packaging, sensorial feel, formats and fusion with other categories) to help them introduce new sub-categories of water in Japan by the year 2025.
Show us how water will evolve in its taste, benefits, packaging, sensorial feel, formats and fusion with other categories by the year 2025.
We have listed some of the ways the evolution of water by 2025 can be looked at. If you have any other ideas besides the ones mentioned below, please feel free to elaborate on them –
- Taste – Fruit flavored still and sparkling water are already available, with various flavor options. We urge you to think beyond fruit flavorings and explore other ways to flavor water.
- Benefits – Added benefits to the water such as calcium water.
- Packaging – How packaging of water can change with regard to the shape of the packaging, new materials, the packaging graphic, etc.
- Sensorial feel – How water can evolve to other textural forms such as frozen water or crushed ice water.
- Formats – How water can evolve into other formats such as water pills or any other formats.
- Fusion with other categories – Fusion between water and other categories. For example, water with caffeine.
Your ideas have to be based on water, we will not accept ideas which are not water based.
Please include visual(s) of your idea and answer the following mandatory questions with each entry –
- Please describe your idea and explain why you think it will be future of hydration in 2025?
- What will be the added benefit of your suggested idea?
- To whom do you think your idea will appeal and why?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: a good example could be water which has the added benefit of calcium in it. This product could be beneficial for older people. It would taste just like water but it would have calcium, which not only quenches thirst, but also helps against arthritis.
Example of a bad entry: a bad example would be ideas around fruit flavored still and sparkling water. There are already various options available with different fruit flavorings and we do not want to simply keep adding to that list.
- #1 Prize €3,500
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
The best ideas will open our minds to the various possibilities with water in the future. Through ideas explained through visual(s) and text, they will show us how the future of hydration will be in the year 2025.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your entry must include visual(s) along with answers to the 3 mandatory questions.
- Your ideas have to be water based, any other ideas will be rejected.
- We will not accept ideas which are simply about fruit flavorings to still or sparkling water.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.