Invent a new coffee mix experience for people who love coffee!
NESCAFÉ was the first coffee brand to offer soluble coffee mixes which are made of a blend of soluble coffee, creamer or milk-based powder and sugar. People just add water for a creamy and sweet cup of delicious coffee. NESCAFE Mixes are sold all over the world, but are particularly liked by Southeast Asian coffee drinkers (the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore) who love great tasting creamy & sweet coffee for all kinds of occasion.
Many coffee lovers are regular NESCAFÉ mix drinkers – they love the taste, the no-fuss preparation and the affordable price. However popular NESCAFÉ mixes are, the brand wants to keep up with people’s evolving tastes, lifestyle and aspirations. Therefore, NESCAFÉ is looking for innovative ideas to evolve the existing coffee mix single-serve stick or sachet experience for 30 to 40-year-old coffee mix consumers, many of whom live in Southeast Asia.
Innovate on the NESCAFÉ Mixes consumer experience to bring it up to date for coffee lovers.
We are looking for new coffee mix ideas to appeal to people who already drink 3in1 coffee mix single serve sticks or sachets, who love sweet & creamy coffee, as well as the format, and who often drink more than one a day. The coffee can be served hot, or cold. However, with this challenge, NESCAFÉ wants to surprise & delight them with even more to love. As you get creative, please remember that these consumers love a great coffee taste, so please ensure that coffee is the central ingredient & taste experience for your new ideas.
Please think about some trends affecting coffee lovers all over the world, to inspire your new ideas for coffee mixes:
- The most important drink of the day
Most people start the day with a cup of coffee, as part of breakfast. But with people’s busy & demanding schedules, breakfast at home is getting squeezed, in favor of “on-the-go” versions. NESCAFÉ wants to continue to be part of people’s morning ritual, and could even imagine addressing the nutritional gap caused by a missed or squeezed breakfast.
>> Think about the breakfast ritual, the moment after waking up, people’s expectations for breakfast, complementary tastes for coffee, cream, sugar etc.
- Authenticity, permissibility and wellness
Consumers are increasingly conscious of the relationship between what they eat and their overall health and wellbeing. They want more authentic, less processed beverages and more transparency about what they are buying. As an everyday product, NESCAFÉ coffee mixes want to positively enable a healthier lifestyle, without compromising on the pleasurable experience.
>> Think about healthy ingredients that complement the great taste of coffee and ingredients you feel are healthier than milk, cream and refined sugar.
- Relax and reward
Coffee is not only popular as a wake-me-up in the morning. It is increasingly enjoyed throughout the day, as a simple rewarding pleasure during a moment of relaxation. These moments allow coffee lovers to savor the taste, experience & moment. NESCAFÉ coffee mixes want to enhance this feel-good moment.
>> Think about the good vibes people get at coffee shops, but do not imitate their products, or get too fancy, expensive or indulgent. Coffee should still be at the core, preparation should be easy, and the product must be an everyday affordable experience.
You can think about the ingredients – creamy or sweet ones, but also new taste experiences that complement coffee. Think about the ritual of tearing the stick / sachet, pouring it into the cup and adding hot or cold water. Keep in mind that smell, and even sound, are important preparation cues for coffee lovers… How can you provide a better everyday coffee experience for coffee lovers?
Many NESCAFÉ mix drinkers love the taste of coffee, but they buy mixes because they like it to be rounded out with a creamy mouth feel and a touch of sweetness. The coffee still needs to be packaged in a single-serve stick or sachet. At open markets or small stores, they are sometimes sold as single sticks. It should be an everyday product for mainstream consumers.
NESCAFÉ does not want ideas that are like an occasional dessert, a seasonal offering or an expensive fancy premium offering like cappuccinos, lattes or a rare taste. Ready-to-drink coffee products, simple new flavor/variations like vanilla coffee mix, coffee machines and systems are all outside of the scope.
Please use two pages with visuals and text to visualize your product idea, to explain the concept, and to tell us its name.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
An example of a good entry could be brown sugar and ginger coffee, served in a sachet with small ginger chunks inside and a touch of creamer. It has rich sweet scent, benefits from the healthy halo of brown sugar and ginger, and could be enjoyed in the morning & throughout the day.
It’s a good idea because it takes inspiration from the trends mentioned above while being affordable enough for an everyday cup of coffee.
Bad examples would be a new flavorlike coffee with hazelnut, cappuccino or latte, seasonal flavors like gingerbread spice or pumpkin latte, premium or desert ideas like rum raisin coffee, or a coffee machine idea.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
The winning entries need to be about the overall coffee experience, and be inspired by the three trends identified in the brief. The ideas need to appeal to current coffee mix drinkers, and be relevant for every day consumption occasions.
Guidelines for this contest
- We are not looking for an occasional dessert, a seasonal offering or an expensive and fancy premium offering. Please do not consider any ready-to-drink products, or a new flavor/variation of the regular coffee mix. Coffee machines or systems are a no-go too.
- NESCAFÉ soluble coffee should be your main ingredient.
- Your idea should be easy and practical to produce industrially.
- If your idea includes a change to packaging, please show us your design.
- The product still needs to be packaged in a sachet/stick. Consumers sometimes purchase coffee in single sachet/stick instead of buying a box in supermarket. Your idea needs to work perfectly when it’s bought without the box.
- NESCAFÉ mixes main markets are: some European countries, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- Some ideas might not seem premium in parts of Europe, but could be in more middle income countries, or due to different culinary traditions.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.