Make drinks at McDonald’s so irresistible, every consumer would want to order some.
Fast food and drinks pair very well together, like Batman and Robin or Tom and Jerry.
However, did you know that actually, a significant number of McDonald’s customers don’t order drinks when they go to McDonald’s? Maybe they had a drink beforehand, or they will have one later, or they are not thirsty. Maybe they want less sugary options and they can’t find the drink they want in the list on offer. It could also be because the drinks packaging is not easy to take away, or because it’s not personalized. Maybe they would like drinks to be refillable or get better prices and good promotions.
As you can see, there are many reasons for not ordering drinks with every food order, and it’s something Coca-Cola wants to change!
We’re looking for ideas to convince people who don’t always choose drinks with their food order at McDonald’s to do so in future. Can you help?
Find a clever and impactful idea to entice McDonald’s customers to buy a drink with every food order.
The people we’re targeting are 16-34-year-olds and families with kids.
They are people who like to go to McDonald’s, who are looking for food that offers good value for money, or they go to please their kids, who love going there.
They visit McDonald’s but don’t always take a drink for themselves/their family when they order food.
Can you help The Coca-Cola Company to change this? How? You have many routes to explore:
- improve the way drinks are advertised outside and inside the restaurant,
- invent new types of drinks,
- allow people to customize the drinks to their own tastes,
- offer discounts and promotions,
- make the drinks packaging more convenient,
Your idea can relate to one of the ideas above, or it can be a completely new idea.
We’re looking for ideas that encourages McDonald’s customers to order one or more drinks with their food ordering. I can be a small thing or a big thing but it must have a big impact.
It’s not about changing the actual Coke drink to better fit people’s needs; it’s about providing a new offer, a new experience. It can apply to all drinks available at McDonald’s (soft drinks, water, tea, juice, etc.), not just the Coke range.
Your entry should be presented with visuals or drawings and explanations.
Describe your idea in detail and explain why you think it’s a good idea to order a drink with every food order at McDonald’s. Give your idea a name.
Please also answer the following questions:
- How would you describe your idea in one sentence or headline?
- What need does your idea address?
- Who (parents, kids, young adults?) will like your idea most, and why do they think it’s a good idea to order a drink with every food order?
- How will it make people take a drink with every food order?
- When/where do consumers discover the idea first? Is this outside or inside the restaurant?
Make sure your idea is relevant for McDonald’s customers. It should not be something that costs a lot, or something that requires complex actions from people. It must be simple yet very impactful. People should think: “Oh yes, I want this drink with my food, for me or my children; this is super cool and can’t be missed”.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest would be to allow people to get three different drinks to eat with the different types of food they’re having. For instance, they would get a different drink to go with their Big Mac, another one to go with their fries, and a different one to go with their dessert. Of course, the sizes of the drinks will be smaller. It would allow people to get the best pairing for their food. It’s a good idea because it’s personalized, based on what the customer is having. It encourages people to have drinks because, instead of having only one drink for the whole meal, they would get three different ones! It breaks the monotony.
A bad idea would be to allow people to refill their drinks as many times as they want. It already exists.
- #1 Prize €2,500
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
Two pages with text and visuals (use the template).
A great idea for this contest is something that really convinces McDonald’s customers to choose a drink with their food order. It’s something that can’t be missed. Execution does not matter.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please use the template
- Please think beyond the obvious and wow us with clever new ideas.
- You can invent new promotional techniques.
- You can invent new drinks.
- No idea should target children under 12.
- Ideas can not include alcohol or tap water.
- Ideas should fit the Coca-Cola Company and McDonald’s. Both are about sharing great moments together.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.