Redesign the Safeguard sachet and POS display card to be more premium and make it stand out in a crowded store.
Imagine a tiny 6 feet x 6 feet store filled with soaps, shampoos, conditioners, snacks, toothpaste, etc. It is difficult to spot a particular product in the chaos right? Making a product stand out in tiny stores is a huge challenge faced by brands today.
Safeguard is a leading antibacterial soap brand, which has been present in Philippines for the past 50 years. They have 7 variants to cater to everyone’s individual likings. The bar soaps are usually bought by Filipino moms aged 22-44 for their entire family. The sachets are sold in sari sari stores (tiny neighborhood stores which are only 6 feet x 6 feet in size, where products are sold over the counter).
Safeguard is finding it difficult to make their product stand out in small, dark and cramped stores with multiple products, and convey a sense of premiumness through their packaging. It is also difficult to differentiate between some variants such as the Pure White and Cool Menthol because of similar packaging graphics. We want your help in re-designing the packaging graphics of Safeguard sachets along with designing a Point of Sale display card which can hold up to 18 sachets (3 streamers of 6 variants).
Reference images of a POS display card in store and current sachet design.
POS Display card
Convey a sense of premiumness and make Safeguard stand out in store through a re-designed sachet and a POS display card.
Please look at re-designing only the front packaging for the following Safeguard sachets (with the same design language) –
- Pure White
- Floral Pink with Aloe
- Cool Menthol
Please keep in mind the following things when re-designing the sachet –
- Keep the Safeguard logo large and clearly visible.
- Show some ingredient visualization for the Floral Pink with Aloe and Cool Menthol variants.
- Retain the key colors of the variants, such as white/light blue for the Pure White variant and white/pink for the Floral Pink with Aloe variant.
- The dimension of each individual sachet is 61mm (width) x 110mm (height)
In addition to the sachet, please also look at designing a POS display card which holds 18 sachets (3 of each variant) and can be hung in shops to display Safeguard. Please make sure that you use the same design language across the sachets, as well as the POS display card.
Please answer the following mandatory questions along with your designs –
- How does your new sachet design convey a sense of premiumness for Safeguard?
- How will your new sachet design and POS display card design stand out in a small, crowded store?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: a good sachet design and POS display card design for Safeguard will look premium and attract the attention of Filipino moms in chaotic sari sari stores. The packaging will be familiar to moms and yet will pleasantly surprise them with a dose of premiumness.
Example of a bad entry: a bad example would be a sachet and POS display card design which uses different design language and elements for the 3 variants. They look disjointed and look like each has been designed by different people.
- #1 Prize €2,000
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
A presentation with visuals (new sachet designs and POS display card design) and text (for the questions) using the template provided – Maximum 2 pages per entry.
The best re-designed Safeguard sachet and POS display card designs will look premium and stand out in a dark, crowded and cramped store environment. They will retain some elements such as the logo, shield, colors and V-shapes to ensure familiarity for consumers. They will also use the same design language across the sachets and the POS display card.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please download the template and use it to complete your entry.
- Your entry must include visuals of the 3 re-designed Safeguard sachets (Pure White, Floral Pink with Aloe and Cool Menthol) with POS display card design, along with answers to the mandatory questions.
- You can download the Safeguard logo and template from the creative toolkit.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.