What exciting and irresistible new benefit can a credit card offer to its clients?
Contest extension + Reminders
This contest is extended and will end on January 08th, 2017 at 23:59 UTC! Don’t miss your chance!
Reminders for this contest:
- Remember not to share any existing benefits! You may want to run a Google search to see if your idea is truly new!
- Come up with something that can be used often.
- Make it exciting, entertaining, special!
Credit cards are very common and very convenient daily objects. A credit card allows the holder to withdraw cash from an ATM machine, but, above all, to pay without giving cash to a merchant. More and more people are using them all over the world. They have become essential to live a modern lifestyle. Whether it is to book an Uber Taxi or subscribe to Netflix TV, you need a credit card! And now, you can also share the same card with your family members and control your purchases with your cell phone!
Because the market is very competitive, banks have added many new benefits to credit cards to attract new clients. For example, participating in a reward program, accumulating points to get gifts.
Some benefits encountered immediate fame and success: one of them was the “event Pre-Sales” & VIP programs. As a credit card owner, you have access to pre-sales for shows, concerts, or sports events. You are sure not to miss that event you have dreamed of and you could also have access to backstage passes, to meet with the artist or the sportsman. When this benefit was introduced, it was a major hit!
Our client, who is a major company operating in the field of credit cards, would like to offer new benefits to its clients. It needs to be a breakthrough and so irresistible that people would want to get that credit card as soon as they hear about the offer. Can you help?
Imagine what kind of irresistible service or added-value benefit your credit card could give you access to?
We would like you to think beyond the expected and beyond what already exists.
Here is a list of what credit cards already offer today:
- Months with 0% interest with selected stores when you buy in installments from 3 to 18 months
- Reward programs: for each use of your card, you earn points and can redeem them for goods from a catalogue or for cash;
- Pre-sales of tickets for shows or events and VIP experiences during the events
- A concierge service: to book a restaurant, a hotel, a car, etc.
- Assistance (car accident, medical, etc.)
- Insurance: travel, life, etc.
The target audience to have in mind is everybody above the age of 18 years old.
We do not want you to suggest ideas around making a credit card with no annual fee or cheaper operating costs. Also, please note the electronic wallet with smartphones already exists and we are not interested in this kind of idea.
We are looking for new benefits credit cards could offer. It should be a benefit that will be so exciting or appealing/relevant that it will be used often. Not something too extraordinary that would just happen once a year: we do not want ideas like taking people on a space shuttle flight!
Start by thinking about what is missing today, to help you live your life in an easier and exciting way. What would make you think: “Oh this is so cool, this is what I’ve always wanted. I need to have this credit card.” Or imagine what the credit card of 2020 will offer as a groundbreaking benefit.
We would like to see exciting ideas. By exciting ideas, we mean either something very entertaining, something that makes people feel special (such as rewards, VIP treatments and gifts) or something very useful, which allows people to avoid hassle. Any game changing idea is welcome!
Your entry should be made up of visuals (supporting images) and text (answers to questions)
- What is your idea?
- What new benefits does it bring? Why do you think it is new? Why is it awesome?
- What need does it meet?
- How is it used? Tell us about the consumer journey, step by step.
The priority of the contest is to think about new benefits, but if you want to change the design of your credit card, just explain why it enables users to draw an advantage from this (the redesign should be related to the new benefit).
Do not try to add too many features into one single entry, rather keep each entry focused on the main new benefit and create several entries if you have other ideas.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A bad idea would be a reduction on the annual fee… as mentioned, we do not want ideas around a reduction in the operating fees of a credit card.
- #1 Prize €3,500
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with text and visuals (3 pages max.)
The jury will award the most original and breakthrough ideas and those that really bring
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Do not invent crazy benefits that would be super expensive to implement.
- Entries should be in English, Portuguese or Spanish
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.