Help Chudo find the best story about inspiring warmth among modern families!
Family is the one place where everyone loves, supports and cares about each other no matter what. Families spend quality time together talking about small and trivial things, celebrate even the small achievements in life, do simple things to relax and play together, praise and encourage each other…
Chudo, a №1 diary brand in Russia which loved by all Russian families, and it has been communicating “Care of the loved ones” inspiring family warmth. It provides products like whipped curd dessert and drinkable yogurt for families to care for people’s loved ones.
Chudo whipped curd is a very delicious dessert with a unique whipped texture and the drinkable yogurt contains lots of fruit and berries for whoever might have slight hunger. The key functional benefit which Chudo owns as the leading yogurt brand and what it has emphasized in its communication is “Taste enjoyment”.
You can download its current TVCs in the toolbox. One of them tells a story of two little kids leading their dad into a paper space ship they’ve built because the dad dreamt of being an astronaut when he was a kid. Then the mum comes and asks what if their dad is hungry and the kids open a Chudo drinkable yogurt and deliver it to the dad. The TVCs have worked very well for Chudo but created a rather passive involvement therefore now the brand is looking for a creative idea for next TVCs to communicate how the Brand inspires family warmth in a new, more powerful and emotional way. It wants to create a strong resonance with modern families.
Can you help them to tell an emotional and memorable story?
Propose a new Communication/Big Idea rooted in the Brand purpose. Create a script/storyboard for an emotional and memorable TVC based on the proposed Idea.
Note that we are not looking for a single TV execution. It is important that the Idea which you propose for Chudo is campaignable.
The challenge is to create a story based on your Big creative idea for Chudo’s next TVCs which changes the way they communicate about their products. Chudo still aims to inspire family warmth but wants to truly surprise consumers and look at Chudo in a different way.
There are many successful campaigns which are revealing/touching on a social problems and they resonate with consumers emotionally in a modern world. Take a look at:
Gender equality - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfrK4Ef2FFU
Proud to be a girl/woman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs
Don’t forget about your family - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4a-_2kybWI
Those three impress you, evoke feelings, make you nod unconsciously and want to share it with your friends, right? Your idea doesn’t have to be like them exactly but it should be positive, evoke people’s feelings, and inspire people to share the TVC with family and friends.
Chudo wants to tell a story that has a powerful emotional effect and touch on themes which are expected to create a strong resonance with modern families. People only share things that truly impress them or they have feelings about. How can your idea do that? Think about the incredible daily moments families have, the issues they might encounter... How does Chudo help them express their love? How can they show that they care for others through Chudo?
You can choose one of two products to use in your story. Make sure that the product plays an active role in your story.
Use visuals and texts to tell your story step by step so we clearly understand what happens in each part. Don’t hesitate to use sketches, designs, or images from the internet (let us know the sources). In a separate page, tell us what is the big idea behind your story.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A bad entry can be a story showing kids and parents having fun together without showing Chudo’s role, or the ones who don’t resonate with families emotionally.
Also do not repeat already existing TVCs ideas. Have a look at them in the tool box and bear in mind that we are looking for different stories based on a new big idea.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
PDF with visuals and texts (maximum 4 pages).
The winning stories are the ones who resonate the most with modern families on an emotional level, impress them and make them share with family and friends. The story has to be rooted in brand purpose to reflect how Chudo inspires family warmth.
Chudo has to play an active role in the story and it has to show clearly the functional benefits of the product (taste enjoyment for Curd Dessert; light hunger satisfaction for Drinkable Yoghurt).
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or Russian.
- Make sure your story is simple to understand and possible to produce. Your scrip should be for a TVC no longer than 30s so don’t tell a long or complicated story.
- You can find more information about the products here.
- You can see download current TVC in the toolbox.
- Entries should be in English and Russian
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.