Show us why fresh ideas matter more than ever.
At eYeka, we believe in the power of collective intelligence and that great ideas can truly change the world!
In our hyper-connected society consumer’s behaviors and expectations are changing rapidly. Their attention is harder than ever to catch. Their relationship with brands is evolving. Their preferences in tastes and their purchasing behaviors are changing rapidly.
In this very challenging context, brands need to innovate at a very fast pace. Creating breakthrough products and outstanding communications requires to constantly source new ideas, new concepts.
We all experienced in our day to day life how sometimes the solution to an issue we have been struggling with for days can be easily enlightened by a sudden change of perspective, a new encounter, the fresh point of view of an outsider… At eYeka, we witness everyday how complex marketing issues can be tackled by non-experts but truly creative people.
Could you help us illustrate why fresh ideas are so important to foster innovation?
Create an impactful poster that shows why fresh ideas matter more than ever.
The target audience are people who work for brands. These professionals tend to rely on same ideas and processes to develop new products or determine communication strategies. These similar processes tend to produce similar results leading to very similar products or communications.
Your entry should be made of a poster with a tagline designed to convince them that fresh ideas foster real innovations! It should make them realize that instead of working on the same ideas, the same way, again and again, opening to new ideas allows them to explore new possibilities, identify new paths - and truly innovate. And ultimately to do a much better job for all of us.
We will use winning creations in our communications and on our site to convey this message to the world. Do not hesitate to use daily life situations but also parallels or metaphors.
Please explain your creative idea in a separate page of text
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest could be a simple candle icon on a unified background with this inspirational quote from Oren Harari, “The electric light did not come from the continuous improvement of candles”.
Another good idea for this poster would represent some business guys queuing under the rain in front of a store. One guy saw a sport shop nearby and bought a big yellow inflatable boat to shelter from the rain.
A bad idea for this contest would be for example a metaphor: a chain of people, symbolizing the eYeka community holding hands together to form a bridge other a deep ditch. The ditch being the marketers challenge to innovate. This won’t work, as it is about “how “to source new ideas with a community rather than why it matters to innovate.
- Be inspirational: we are addressing marketing experts so you can use meaningful, clever, humorous, subtle and inspiring levers. Think TED Talks, Big Think, …
- Please do not focus on eYeka. We would rather like marketers to (re)think their innovation methodologies.
- Avoid problem/solution type of creative
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €500
Poster: a key visual and a tagline + text to explain your idea (1 page max).
The best ideas will be those that have a real impact to inspire change and are truly inspirational.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English
- Please include eYeka logo that you can download here.
- Entries should be in English
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.