Tell us a story about the Oral-B electric toothbrush’s superior cleaning action
We need your creative genius to show the superiority of Oral-B electric toothbrush unique features. We are looking for ideas that are relevant for Oral B action on teeth!
Contest is extended
This contest deadline is extended until 8th December 2016 (23.59 hr. UTC)!
Format is changed
The format of this contest is changed from presentation to poster!
Do you know why your oral health is important? The mouth is at the center of essential things you do every day. And how do you achieve great oral health? Begin with removing plaque from your teeth and gums. Plaque is the cause of most oral issues like cavities, bad breath, gingivitis and other gum problems. Plaque is not water soluble, so you need to physically remove it by brushing.
But did you know a manual brush can leave up to 50% of the plaque behind? You cannot brush all parts of your mouth equally well because of the angles. And if you are too tired to brush well or too quick, plaque gets left behind! Another issue with manual, is you may be brushing too hard and damaging your gums without even knowing it! To thoroughly remove plaque you need to brush all areas in your mouth, with the right number of movements, for the right amount of amount of time and with the right pressure. A good electric brush is designed to do this.
Now, when it comes to choosing an electric brush, what makes Oral-B different? First, your teeth are round, not square shaped. You would not put a round peg in a square hole. Secondly, only Oral-B uses 3D action (Oscillating Rotation technology) to remove plaque; its up-down movement breaks up plaque and its side-to-side movement gently sweeps it away.
Reinvent the way the Oral-B electric toothbrush demonstrates the superiority of its unique features in plaque removal with a layer of creativity, to convince Koemi that Oral B is an essential part of a healthy life
Koemi is a Japanese lady in her forties. Her anxiety over ageing has increased as she began taking care of her elderly parents. Determined to avoid the pitfalls they have fallen into, Koemi has started to focus on a healthy and active lifestyle i.e. diet/exercise. However, oral health is not at the front of her mind as part of improving her overall health. In her mind having an electric brush may be slightly more convenient and save her a few seconds, but she believes the same results can be achieved with a manual brush. We need your creative genius to change Koemi’s perception and convince her of the Oral-B electric brush’s superior cleaning while being gentle on gums.
Tell us a visual compelling story through visuals that shows the superiority of the Oscillating Rotation technology and unique Round head in plaque removal and gentleness on gums. We are looking for a great idea that will instinctively resonate with Japanese women.
Please answer the mandatory questions in your entry:
- How do the visuals convince Japanese women to use an electric brush?
- How does it demonstrate that the Oral-B electric brush’s unique features (Oscillating Rotation technology and/or Round head) have a superior cleaning action?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
- Your entry does not have to be in the context of the mouth. Think creatively.
- You can use analogies. For example, tell us a story illustrated with visuals about devices with movements that cannot be replicated by a human hand.
- You can tell a story of the Oral-B electric toothbrush’s superiority on its own or side by side (electric vs manual or electric vs electric).
- We want to see a creative story & visuals, not a typical oral care visual which looks too serious, scientific and boring.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Poster with answers to the mandatory questions (max 3 pages PDF)
We are looking to convince Japanese women that an electric toothbrush is not a want but a need and that Oral-B, with its unique Oscillating Rotation technology and Round Head is more effective than the other brands on the market. We want to shift away from a dry scientific discourse to a more emotional, creative and engaging one. We are looking for creativity and originality, yet your idea needs to resonate with women like Koemi.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not use any other brands than Oral B in your entry. If you do not have access to Oral B use another product without showing the brand.
- You can find the Oral B logo here.
- You can visualize the movement of the Oral-B Electric toothbrush here.
- Entries should be in English
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.