Invent a new, modern Lipton Iced Tea drink that meets the needs and desires of health-conscious Millennials.
In our eYeka contests, we talk more and more about Millennials. We know you know them, love them and some of you are part of them. You know that Millennials have a thirst for new experiences, love to learn, grow and take part in activities that have an element of risk and adventure.
You probably know that this generation cares a lot about wellness. What they eat and drink is very important to them and they like products that do good to their minds and bodies and help them cope with daily challenges. Their conception of wellness is also about feeling vibrant and vital and not letting anything too serious get in the way. They like beverages that further boost their energy with vitamins and minerals.
This challenge is about Millennials and Lipton Iced Tea. Iced Tea is a beverage Millennials like as it’s perceived to be a ‘healthier’ drink that refreshes and uplifts their mind and body.
The challenge for you is to reinvent Lipton Iced Tea by radically disrupting the category, to attract more people. There are two innovation routes to pick from (with prizes for each).
Invent a new Lipton Iced Tea drink that fits into one of the following routes:
- Great Taste No Sugar
- Enhanced Replenishment
We’re asking you to imagine a new drink with a name, formula and label design. If you think that a new bottle design would make the whole proposition better, please also show us visually how you would change the bottle (e.g. material/shape), but the focus of this contest is on the product (the liquid) and label design.
You must pick one route out of these two:
1) Great Taste No Sugar: This will be bottled Lipton Iced Tea drinks made with delicious natural ingredients, specially selected to balance out the need for added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
For example, bottled iced tea drinks that contain alternative natural sources of sweetness like honey, fruit or spices ensuring great taste, without having to compromise on health. This is all about the natural flavors that can go beyond the need for sweeteners.
2) Enhanced Replenishment: This will be bottled Lipton Iced Tea drinks that use natural ingredients designed to work in harmony with your body, helping it achieve its full potential.
For example, bottled iced tea drinks that contain ingredients with naturally occurring antioxidants, vitamins or probiotics, to support your natural defenses/ immunity & promote healthy development and/or balance. This Lipton will make you feel like ‘you are on a good day’.
It’s important that you understand a bit of context. The category of beverages has changed in the last years. Consumers are more and more worried about sugar and they have concerns over sweeteners. They are also looking for drinks that bring functional benefits.
People like smaller and new brands that offer healthier alternatives. Simple products like plant waters, spring waters and fruit teas) appeal to Millennials.
The objective for Lipton Iced Tea is to remain one of young people’s favorite beverage, while embracing the trend of Wellness.
Please use the template provided in the toolkit, to create your entry and make sure you answer the following mandatory questions, no matter which route you have decided to pick:
- Product description: Name and formula (ingredients/flavours).
- What is the need or desire that your idea addresses?
- What benefits does your product bring?
- How will your idea stand out from what is currently available?
- What makes it modern and unique?
- What makes it a favourite drink for Millennials?
Design a label design mock-up, using our blank template.
There are two bottle designs that are used in most countries around the world. Please use the bottle that fits your idea best (or redesign the bottle if you think it makes your idea better).
Make sure the Lipton logo features in the design.
For the ingredients/flavors, there are some you cannot use: Matcha, Chai Latte, infused Coconut Water, Honey, Green Tea, White Tea, ImmuniTea. Your idea should not be too pricey either.
Please follow the guidelines of each route, don’t mix them.
If you have multiple ideas, upload multiple submissions.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Here is an example of a past idea that was successful.
Please note that it’s not part of one of the two routes.
- #1 Prize Pool A (€2,500)
- #2 Prize Pool B (€2,500)
- #3 Prize Pool A (€750)
- #4 Prize Pool B (€750)
- #5 Prize Pool A (€500)
- #6 Prize Pool B (€500)
One page split into two with visuals and text, using the template provided in the toolkit.
We want to get ideas that really stand out and meet consumers need. Be very innovative and don’t copy existing propositions.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Use the Lipton logo in your entry.
- Use the template to create your entry. You can download it from the toolkit.
- Pick one of the 2 routes. You may not upload an entry that covers both routes.
- If you have several ideas, you must submit separated entries.
- In France, Lipton Iced tea is called Ice Tea. It is the same product.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.