Name the new ESCADA perfume!
What is happiness? How does one achieve it? Many think it’s about accumulating things & reaching milestones, but ESCADA believes happiness comes from positive choices, the richness of new discoveries & unexpected experiences. In short, ESCADA believes that happiness lies within each one of us, and it’s up to each woman to seize it, live it, and appreciate it. Happiness is the ultimate reward.
Women in their early 30s, more than women in their 20s, understand they are in the driving seat to their own good fortune and happiness. They are full of complexity, contradictions and richness, and yearn to thrive through it all. It’s a time when women lead a socially rich life, despite peak levels of stress from work & family. They are seductive and confident, yet they feel age creeping in. They have adult-sized responsibilities, but still crave adventures, fun, and me-time.
Can you help ESCADA find the right name for this new perfume which aims to create a cultural impact among 30 year-old women in their quest for a new, more modern take on personal happiness, from inside?
Surprise us with a name that has the potential to become a motto for women to create their own happiness.
ESCADA has written a Manifesto. Your name must represent this philosophy. Don’t worry about word-smithing … it’s the meaning that counts.
“State of mind is a choice,
positive is a perspective.
The way you look at life
Be a woman of wonder;
Awaken your senses and your spirit,
Making the most of every fortunate moment.
Smile at the world,
See her smile back.
When luck meets happiness,
It’s _____ ”
ESCADA doesn’t want a name like “Happiness”, “Bliss,” “Optimism”, “Smile” or “Freedom”. These names are déjà vu, they fall flat among an international audience, are common in the perfume category, and can’t be trade-marked. Specifically, ESCADA is looking for a new style or unexpected form for the new name.
Think about using an acronym or a short-cut that is easily pronounceable, intelligible, and that turns heads among Europeans. An example of acronym could be “YOLO (You Only Live Once)” that becomes a motto to live by. An example of a short-cut would be GRL PWR. It is more arresting & distinctive than the plain English version, Girl Power, yet intelligible.
Ideally, your proposed name is culturally disruptive for the perfume category, without compromising key category expectations of luxury & sensuality. Just like women in their 30s, ESCADA appreciates complexity, contradictions and richness. However, be mindful that the perfume bottle is small, so the name must be short in length.
Please move away from names that are linked to the scent. In fact, what you might assume are flower petals on the pack design, are in fact Chinese lanterns symbolizing uplifting moments when luck happens, that leads to happiness. It doesn’t mean the scent is flowery.
ESCADA is a German brand that is sold internationally, so a French or Italian sounding name wouldn’t be coherent with its brand identity.
In one page, tell us the name you propose, its meaning and why you think it reflects the idea of “Happiness has to come from you”.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example could be “GLUCK” which could stand for “good luck” in English, and / or “Glück”, which means “luck” in German. (ESCADA’s biggest market). It’s easy to understand and it conveys a positive message. Another good example could be “H&H” which means that Happiness is in your Heart - you just have to realize that and look for it.
A bad example could be “Happiness” or “Luck” for reasons mentioned above.
Another bad idea is when an acronym looks like a real word. In this case, people will simply read the word, and miss the acronym totally. For example: RICH for Realising I Create Happiness.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
ESCADA is looking for a name that doubles as a motto, and has the potential to create a cultural impact among 30 year old women. The name should fit with a sophisticated premium perfume and the manifesto. It can’t be too long or complicated.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be derived from English, even if the name (acronym or short cut) isn’t a real English word.
- Be true to the ESCADA brand. It communicates the mindset of being happy, being bold and values travel, luck and love.
- If you have more than one good idea, please submit them separately.
- Each participant will be limited to 3 entries.
- The maximum number of entries allowed to be uploaded per participant is: 3
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.